We need to collect information from you in order for you to participate in iDine or use our services. We also collect information about you as a result of your participation in iDine and use of our services. We refer to personally identifiable information that we collect as Personal Information. The type of Personal Information we collect about you is described in the section below on "What Personal Information We Collect".
Your Privacy Protections
We take several steps to protect your Personal Information. Among other things:
- We will not disclose your Personal Information to any non-affiliated third party for use in marketing that party's goods or services without your consent;
- We will give you access to information we maintain about you, including your name, how to contact you, credit, debit and other payment cards (which we refer to collectively as "payment cards") you have registered with iDine, and certain other preferences you have registered with us (we refer to this information as Registration Information), and we will allow you to correct any inaccuracies; and
- We take data security seriously. While no data transmission over the Internet or information storage technology can be guaranteed to be 100% secure, we take reasonable steps to protect the security of your Personal Information. See Section below called "Data Security" for more information on the steps we take to protect your Personal Information.
What Personal Information We Collect
We gather the following types of Personal Information in connection with your participation in iDine and the provision of our services to you.
- Information you voluntarily provide to us. For example, when you register to participate in Rewards Network, you may provide us with Personal Information. This may include information such as your name, email and mailing address, other addresses (e.g. work, school), telephone number(s), payment card number(s) and expiration dates, loyalty program numbers, username and password, the answer to a security question (in case you forget your password), special dates (e.g. birthday, anniversary), and dining preferences. You may also provide us with information regarding your personal accounts and/or profiles on third-party social networking sites such as Facebook and Twitter.
- Information we collect from your participation in iDine or by using our services. For example, we collect Personal Information from merchants that accept your payment card as payment for goods or services, including merchants that are participating in iDine or that have agreed to help us evaluate our program. We may collect information about the restaurants, bars and clubs you visit, including the date of your visit, the amount of your bill and the payment card used to pay, information about the amount of activity in iDine and your membership level, and email confirmations when you open an email from us if your computer supports such capabilities. We collect information when you send us an inquiry, comment or request including any email or mailing address or telephone number you provide so that we may respond. We collect information when you choose to participate in a survey or promotion. We may also collect Personal Information from merchants or other parties who do not participate in iDine.
- Information obtained about you from others.
For example, we may work with firms that provide us demographic information in order to evaluate or improve our services to you. We may also collect information with your consent or as permitted or required by law.
What Personal Information We Disclose
We do not disclose any Personal Information to non-affiliated third parties, except as necessary for the non-affiliated third party to provide services to us (such as printing or mailing services or otherwise in connection with operating iDine or providing services to you) or as permitted by law. This means that we will not disclose your Personal Information (such as your email address) to non-affiliated third parties for such parties' use in marketing their goods or services without your consent.
However, since we may disclose your Personal Information to non-affiliated third parties in connection with operating iDine or providing services to you, or as permitted by law, we may, for example, disclose Personal Information in connection with giving you credit for rewards, carrying out a transaction you have requested, operating or managing our business, or responding to legal process.
We may obtain your consent to share information with non-affiliated third parties in various ways. For example, we may invite you to participate in a survey or special promotional program offered by a non-affiliated third party and your choice to participate in such a survey or promotional program will indicate your consent for us to share your Personal Information with non-affiliated third parties in connection with the survey or promotional program.
We also may disclose any Personal Information we collect with our affiliates, including for purposes such as for internal audit, management, billing or administrative purposes including defending and bringing legal actions.
You may also give us permission to post information about your restaurant visits, restaurant reviews, and other iDine activities on iDine's social networking accounts such as Facebook or Twitter or on your own social networking accounts.
We may share information that is not personally identifiable to you, including aggregated demographic and statistical information, with our affiliates, partners, merchants, and others. Such information could be used, for example, to provide us with statistical or other analysis. None of this type of information can be linked by the recipient to any Personal Information that can identify you.
We may also disclose or share information that is not personally identifiable to you with our affiliates, partners, merchants and others in connection with restaurant reviews or surveys that you submit to us to post on our Website or other Websites or on third-party social networking sites such as Facebook and Twitter.
Communicating With You
We may from time to time send special offers to you on behalf of selected companies that we think may be of interest to you. However, because we or our third party vendors (and not the selected company) would send such offers to you, it is not necessary to disclose Personal Information to the company in order to send these offers to you. You may choose to opt out of certain of our marketing communications while still receiving other types of our marketing communications. We also may send you offers for goods or services sold by us or our affiliates, including in our email newsletters, by email or ordinary mail, or by telephone.
We will allow you to choose not to receive these marketing communications from us. For example, if you do not want to receive our dining email newsletters, or other dining email marketing communications from us, you may unsubscribe or opt out from such dining marketing communications by clicking the link included at the bottom of each email message we send to you. You also can choose to not receive special offers we send on behalf of other companies. Please read the section entitled "Reviewing, Changing Your Registration Information or Unsubscribing" for details on how to request not to receive these marketing communications.
"Email a Friend" and "Refer a Friend" Information
You may use our Email a Friend service to send restaurant links to family and friends via email. Rewards Network will automatically send a one-time email inviting your family and friends to visit the specific restaurant page on www.idine.com
. Your family and friends may contact us
to request that their information be removed.
You may use our Refer a Friend service to refer your family and friends to become members of iDine. iDine will automatically send a one-time email inviting your family and friends to visit www.idine.com
and become members of our program. Your family and friends may contact us
to request that their information be removed.
When you visit our Web site without logging in, we may collect usage information ("session data"), but it is anonymous and is not linked to you as an individual. We may use session data for a variety of reasons, including to better understand things like how our site is navigated, how many visitors arrive at specific pages, the length and frequency of stays at our site, the types of browsers and computer operating systems used by our visitors, and the Internet Protocol addresses from which our visitors connect to our site.
When you visit our site and login, we may collect usage information ("persistent data") that will be linked to your user name. We may use the persistent data for a variety of reasons, including to monitor your use of our site in conjunction with your participation in iDine.
can only be read by the www.idine.com
web server. We use two different types of cookies in our Web site:
• "Session cookies" track the user's progression through our sites and session data in a single visit. These cookies enable us to remember things as the user progresses from one page to another. Your session cookies are deleted as soon as you close your browser. In addition, if you leave your browser open for a prolonged period, they are set to automatically erase themselves after a short period.
• "Persistent cookies" remember a user and the user's persistent data at the user's next visit to our Web site. Your persistent cookies are not automatically erased, and they remain on your computer until you erase them. (If you do not want these cookies to remain on your computer, you can erase them by following the steps for your specific browser.) For members, we may use a persistent cookie to remember such things as your user name, name, preferred dining area, selected cuisine type and other promotional links that you clicked on while on the site.
Most Internet browsers automatically accept cookies. However, you can instruct your browser to stop accepting cookies or prompt you before accepting a cookie from the sites you visit.
We may also use a third party to place cookies on your computer to track and analyze non-personally identifiable usage and volume statistical information from our visitors and customers to administer our Web site in order to constantly improve the Web site quality.
Clear GIFs are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies, and are used to track the online movements of Web users. The main difference between the two is that clear GIFs are invisible on the page and are much smaller, about the size of the period at the end of this sentence. Clear GIFs are not tied to users' personally identifiable information.
To help us improve visitor experience and manage site content, third party vendors and our site may utilize clear GIFs to track and analyze non-personally identifiable usage and volume information from our visitors and customers to administer our Web site or improve its quality.
Our Web site may have links to other sites on the Internet that are owned by third parties, or you may come to our Web site from a link on an external Web site. These other Web sites will have their own rules on privacy that you should review. We are not responsible for the privacy policies of other Web sites.
We restrict access to Personal Information to those individuals or entities that need to know that information to operate, manage, and expand iDine and provide products and services to you. We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to guard your Personal Information.
With respect to use of our Web site, we use industry-standard encryption technologies when transferring and receiving Personal Information through our site. We use Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology that encrypts information and keeps the data private and confidential between your machine and www.idine.com
. This technology makes it safer to transmit your credit card number over the Internet.
Reviewing, Changing Your Registration Information or Unsubscribing
At any time, you can correct or update your Registration Information or modify your preferences pertaining to our newsletter and other marketing communications (whether made by email, telephone, or ordinary mail). To review, change, or update your Registration Information, or unsubscribe or opt out from our monthly newsletters or other marketing communications, you have several options:
- Online: On the www.idine.com site, log in to your account and click on the "My Account" link at the top of the home page. Then click on the appropriate link to change your Personal Information or modify your newsletter subscription or marketing communication preferences.
- By email: Unsubscribe or opt out of our email newsletter or other marketing communications by sending an email request to email@example.com. For your security, please do not email credit card changes.
- By postal mail: Please include your email address and mail your request to us at Rewards Network Inc.,300 South Park Road, Suite 300, Hollywood, FL 33021 , Attention: Member Services.
- By phone: Call toll-free at (877) 491.3463.
- Link to unsubscribe: Links to unsubscribe or opt out from future newsletters and other marketing communications are included at the bottom of each email.
To protect your privacy and security, we will take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting access to your Personal Information or making corrections. Requests to be unsubscribed or to opt out of marketing communications will be processed promptly, however you may be included in the selection for additional newsletters and communications for a short period of time after you make your request. If the information you provide us does not match the information in our database, we may not be able to process your election (or the processing may be delayed).
No Use by Children
The iDine Web site may be used only by adults who have a credit card. In no event may our Web site be used by a child, including any child under the age of 13.
Our Privacy Office
Two North Riverside Plaza, Suite 200
Chicago, Illinois 60606
Phone: (312) 521-6767
Fax: (312) 521-6768
Notice of Changes
Rewards Network Establishment Services Inc.
Rewards Network Services LLC
Rewards Network International, Inc.
Rewards Network Canada GP Corp.
Rewards Network Canada LP
RTR Funding LLC